NC 3.75 sat nav pants?

1. My model of MX-5 is: __NC 3,75 Venture
  2. I’m based near: Beverley
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __sat nav/radio

Hi I’m not new to the forum but havn’t posted for a while, sold my NC3.5 rag top three years ago to a lovely couple from York and bought a Cooper S which I never gelled with, Just sold it and bought a 3.75 hard top retractable roof from Arnold Clark in York, nice car which needed a little love, but the sat nav is pants!!! I cannot read it in sunlight or with the roof down, has any one else experienced this or do i just need new glasses.?? And what a bu^^^r to navigate, ■■■ give me garmin any day, even if I could see it I dont know what the he** is going on. What do people recommend?

1 Like

Is there a question to go with this post? Or is it just driving you nuts?!

I’ll get my coat…

1 Like

From reading other posts of the NC sat nav units fitted from factory the earlier Sanyo units weren’t very good, the later Alpines were better but not altogether brilliant.
I would probably suggest the OP wants to swap out whatever original unit is installed, guessing an Alpine for something more user friendly.

Most then would buy an install kit which includes a facia adaptor, associated leads and SW controls. Then choose a suitable head unit to install offering the ability to use navigation via your phone, android auto or carplay, DAB radio etc…

Something like I have below which is a JVC unit…

Hi,
sorry for my technical ineptitude, pressed the wrong button. hopefully my query is now visable.