NC 5Race Roll Bar

I use my NC on track mostly and wanted something more sturdy than the stock bar, I ignored internet reviews and got a 5Race V3 roll bar.

It’s a very solid piece of kit and a massive improvement over the stock bar. It’s taller and more robust for sure.

I still have 4 more bolts to fit for the rear bars that go to the inner rear arches, but the car already feels more rigid to drive.

1 Like

Hi, do you have any pics of the install as I have the same bar waiting to be fitted. I’m confident with the spanners and drilling but looking for as much knowledge as possible as there isn’t much! Cheers

Hi,

First I un clipped all the plastics.

Unbolted everything I could see.

1 mistake I made was removing the rear shelf centre section of plastic trim. You can see it in the pic above but not in the pic after the bar was fitted.

That needs to stay as it’s what the roof glass sits on. So I had to take my bar out again to refit that :frowning:

Legend! Thanks for those, I’m gonna do this as soon as we get another nice spell. Did you put any of the trim back? I’m wondering if I could trim it to fit

Then I used a dremel to cut some parts off ( the back of both the ‘storage compartments’ ) the rear plastic panel and refitted it.

All done in 1.5hrs with basic tools.

I plan to get some black tube (silicon vacuum hose or similar) and cut a slit in it, then run that across the top of the cut plastic to tidy it up.

Great, I plan to do the same. There’s not too much info on this in comparison to some, I don’t get all the hate towards this bar as it seems solid to me.

Centre console doesn’t need to come out, just unclip the rear most panel on it and it exposes as much room as you need.

Comparison pic of the standard vs 5Race.

that looks a great bit of kit !!
great job :nerd_face:

Great mod, I totally get wanting a better roll bar then stock and I am also planning on fitting one ASAP.
Was also looking at the 5race as it looks bang on for the money, what’s the negative reviews or feedback as I’ve not seen the ‘hate’
Thanks and good write up. Kev

Have you lowered the seat also? It seems to me the best answer to get as far away from the metalwork. Also has it affected your insurance?

Sorry to jump in I have the same bar I didn’t try to refit the interior, I now have loads of extra space and decent rear speakers.

I plan on using some standard rubber car trim, if you search ebay for “car trim” its the first few that come up. Might save you some agro, otherwise that looks spot on mate, nice work. I’m definitely inspired now!

My only concern now is if the rear central catch alone is enough to keep the roof down when pushing it 120ish on track or if I need to look at some additional catches/clips?

I like the yellow setup also :slight_smile:

Yes both seats lowered on JASS Performance 2.5” drop.

I took mine to Croft like that and it was fine.