NC cabin/pollen air filter ? Yes no?

I have just moved from a 1990 NA to 2005 NC 2.0. I like to change all filters when getting a car, however I have seen several posts that say there is no pollen filter, none, and then I watched a video that shows it is way up behind the fuse box and mega difficult to get at, Pretty confusing ?? The car was originally a japanese model. Imported to Uk with 1000 miles on the clock and a year old.
Thanks in advance
willi

1 Like

There’s no filter on UK models. Where’s the video that you’ve seen?

2 Likes

Thanks for mega fast reply, I was about to copy in the link when I noticed my error. The vid I saw is for a Mazda 3 ( i was thinking MK3) stupid me.
I guess its too late at night to be concentrating.
Thanks again.

Mazda3 ‘cabin filter’ (useless for pollen) is behind the glove box, barely a two minute job to change it.

Most of that time is in carefully taking out the old one so as not to drop all the accumulated stuff on top of it into the gubbins below that it was meant to protect.

Fortunately my dealer has not yet discovered it exists…

2 Likes

Not on the BK and BL models…

2 Likes

What a pointless piece of equipment a pollen filter is, even more so on a convertable.

1 Like

As others have said, there’s no pollen filter. Didn’t stop the garage from billing me for one at the last service though!

1 Like

Bit like the charge for windscreen wash which was deliberately full when handed in. Response was that we had to test them to make sure they worked. So where is the remainder of the bottle? Service tech dissappeared and returned with a just opened bottle of concentrate. How’s that sir? Service Stealers…

1 Like

Ah, mine is BM (16 plate).

1 Like