NC DSC Remap

Does anyone do a remap of the DSC ecu to reduce the amount it cuts the power on the NC1?

Jase

I think by switching it off, using common sense and learning from there would be your best bet.
Unless you have totally crap or knackered tyres on, the car is pretty well balanced in most situations.

To be fair, my nc1 you only had to look at the throttle some times and the dsc come on, really annoying! And that was on decent Goodyear asymmetrics in good weather etc - I often wondered if there was a remedy!

1 Like

My Nc1 is always driven with it off

Yep I turned mine off… in the dry! :stuck_out_tongue:

When I bought my NC with its matching Bridgestone Potenza RE50, the four original tyres, the light was flickering at the least touch of right foot on either pedal, and sometimes even when turning the steering. But then those tyres with about 6mm tread and even wear, were also 6 years old and well past it, hard as Bakelite.

Putting on four new Dunlops fixed the DSC “problem”, and I’ve only noticed it (and felt the shimmy) a couple of times in the six years since (a diesel spill and a year later sheet ice) . Also the Dunlops have aged much better than the Bridgestones, still supple.

1 Like

May I ask which Dunlops is your NC shod with ?

Dunlop Sport Maxx RT the original ones with slightly asymmetric tread difficult to find now. Replaced by the RT2. Avoid the very heavy run-flat version.
Don’t mix RT and RT2 on an axle. This RT2 is a spare on my fifth rim for while a damaged RT is repaired. If that has to be replaced with an RT2 then the other RT on the axle becomes the spare.

RT2 on my spare on the left, RT on the car

1 Like

Similar here, I have Michelin Pilot Sport on front and rear, and don’t really see any activity of DSC.

I’m running uniroyal rainsport 3s, tend to get mine activating on roundabouts - but I do carry a lot of speed round them…

I’ve not seen the DSC light on mine yet; obviously not driving it hard enough (despite what the speed limiter in the passenger seat tells me!)

2 Likes

I have one of those as well. Incredibly speed sensitive as well!