NC Ducktail Spoiler - Firefly Speedshop?

It would be a dull old world if we all had identical theories on what’s right for our car.

2 Likes

I just like the look, I’m no racing driver, and wouldn’t expect to gain any downforce benefit, just makes a nice cosmetic improvement IMHO.
:beers:

1 Like

Better not carry a passenger then, or put anything in the boot…:rofl:

1 Like

At the end of the day, what you do with your car is your business. Some change the sound, some change the power, some change the seats, the list goes on.
I like the look of mine, as do many others who see it. Each to his own.

4 Likes

after some more thought and taking into account of weight actual wind resistance verses benefit
i think it more likely that i will finally go with
this one

this one is the closest to the cosmetic look that I want and will have less weight and wind resistance than a huge cosmetic wing.
What’s more after reading the reviews it looks like a simple install that won’t require me to carve up the underside of the boot lid

2 Likes

The price is a riot tho :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

yes, I agree, at almost £350 it seems very overpriced.
and let’s not forget. you are going to have to pay on top of that, to have it sprayed and fitted

That one actually looks quite nice , personally I would be tempted to buy the undercoat, spray paint and lacquer and spray it myself before fitting it, provided the paint is a decent match , several coats of lacquer and a good polish and wax buff up to get it nice and shiny when it’s completely dry…or just leave it black :+1:

Makes the Carbonmiata spoiler look reasonably priced.

It’s light weight subtle and sticks straight on with no paint needed if you get the carbon fibre look one.

Couple more pics of it

Had a look on their website, as things are now with buying from overseas, is there a UK supplier?

Not sure to be honest but so long as you pay by credit card you should be covered.
Mine took a few weeks to arrive as someone else mentioned also, so if your needing it sooner then check how long delivery is currently by contacting supplier.
Regards
Rob.

I was thinking more about shipping costs, import taxes to pay nowadays, it can get very expensive to buy such stuff.

looks spot on mick :+1: :+1: :+1:

i also met a guy who had an AUDI TT rear spoiler on his sport tech and to be fair it did look great :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Thanks Geoff.:+1:

Same as the one Barrie had on his before he sold the car.:+1:
It’s been in the garage for weeks just couldn’t make my mind up about fixing it on.
Mrs A’s verdict (I always ask her opinion)
“It looks great”

1 Like

that is the first ducktail spoiler iv seen that actually looks alright! from a distance!
close up, it still looks awful!

Thibor feel free to post up a more suitable version for the OP .Maybe one you have fitted?

iv yet to get a spoiler fitted as I am still working through the mechanical stuff.
my personal taste is for the more traditional small wing spoiler that has ends that blend into the body.
sadly no one seems to make these for the NC and trying to retrofit a generic one could ■■■■■■ up your boot lid.
which is why I’m having to settle for the mx5 parts one that i linked above.
as to ducktail spoilers, I’m just not a fan of them.
however, if anyone wants pics just google “mx5 spoilers” then hit the image tab!