NC exhaust mid-section replacement, Solihull/Shirley area

1. My model of MX-5 is: __MK3 2007
  2. I’m based near: __Wythall, South Birmingham
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Partial exhaust replacement

Hi there - the pipe that goes from the mid-section silencer to the back box has snapped-off at the rear of the mid-section silencer (its the last bit with the flange for the back box on the end).
My local tyre/exhaust place popped it up on ramps to have a look - the sytem in general is still quite solid (after 17 years yet!) so having the lot replaced is a bit OTT, not to mention expensive!
My local garage has now done a temporary repair with a bit of weld and some exhaust bandage to stop the leaks , but says that last bit of pipe has corroded a bit thin so won’t last long.

So, what I’m looking for is either some sort of repair section (there’s one listed on MX5 parts web site) or, better still, somewhere not too far away that can fabricate one for me, to mate up with the front half of the exhaust. I have a spare back box (unused) which I’ll get fitted at the same time.

Any recommendations, south birmingham area?

General go to will be mx5parts repair section for mid to back box, not a bad price/fix.:+1:

I have used Torqueflow Exhausts in the past for a custom-made stainless exhaust for a classic car I had at the time. Very helpful chap made everything up from scratch for me inside a couple of hours. (Caught the train into Birmingham for a coffee and a walkaround to kill a bit of time whilst waiting and the job was done.) Might be worth an enquire?

Torqueflow Exhausts.
Exhaust silencer shop in Birmingham, England.
Armoury Rd, Small Heath, Birmingham B11 2PP (Where the old B.S.A. buildings used to be)
Phone: 07814 650322.

Had a check on Google and it looks like he is not open now until the new year.

1 Like