NC fob battery size

I must have had a bad batch of batteries s I’ve changed mine 3 times in the last 12 months, and I only use the car 10 times per year at the most.
So before I order replacement cr1620, I just wondered if anyone managed to squeeze a 1625 or 1632 in
1632 might be too much to ask.

Just go to Timpsons and get batteries fitted.

I use the Panasonic cr1620. When changing for a new battery the fob after about 3 weeks unused didn’t react very well to presses, found out the battery contacts needed a little manipulation, worked well since.
I’ve had this problem before on my previous NC fobs, check the contact points in the fob👍

I have always used CR1632 in the key fobs.
UPDATE: Not sure why I wrote this at the time. Others have reported that the CR1632 (which is 3.2mm high) does not fit in the NC key fob. I’ve just re-checked my key fob, and I have indeed used a CR1620 (which is 2.0mm high) in it.

It’s a 30 second job - no need to use Timpson or anybody else.

Are you certain that your CR1620s are genuine Panasonic? A large percentage of the “branded” batteries sold on eBay, Amazon, AliExpress, etc are fake.

Hmm, on both my Niseko fobs (NC) the CR1620 cells seemed to last close to three years. Unlike the Madza3 which is lucky to see 18 months per CR2032 cell, regardless of usage.

When I first got the car I tweaked the fob fingers, and also touched up the contacts with some Servisol Super 10 contact cleaner. This is a decades-old habit.

SS10 also works with TV remotes, bathroom and kitchen scales, etc, all of which are low-current long-life devices. With higher currents like in torches the current actually keeps contacts clean - no such luck with a remote control.

Being a bit OCD I keep a spreadsheet of when I change cells in our watches and key fobs.

This way I hold minimum stock and can anticipate a change near enough to order and fit fresh cells, instead of some that might have sat cluttering up my drawer for three or four years on top of what they might have aged at the supplier.

The batteries were just cheapos, usually get about a year out of them, but this batch have been garbage. Lasting only a few months.
I’ve ordered some energisers, will look at 1632 next time, now I know they’ll fit.

I’ve had poor performance from supposedly branded batteries bought from eBay and Amazon.

I buy Duracell /energiser fob batteries from the local Tescos and they last a good couple of years.

I get most of my button calls from toolstation.
Their GP batteries seem to last a good 12 months and are £1.69
Also easy to pick up locally

A year for a fob battery, blimey🥴
My daily drivers fob battery never changed, had it from new March 2014. On the NC yes changed last year, I don’t know how long that’ll last.

It has become habit.
I change key fob batteries every year just after the MOT.
For the sake of £2 - it is peace of mind.

Took the advice from this thread.:roll_eyes:
The Panasonic CR 1632 batteries DO NOT fit the NC 3.75 key fob with the alarm.
They go in, but the cover will not close properly and jams the unlock button permanently on.
Oh well, worth a try I suppose.

If it was my advice that you took, then I can only apologise. I’ve just re-checked my key fob, and it has a (2.0mm high) CR1620 in it, not a (3.2mm high) CR1632.

If you’d like to PM me your address, I’d be happy to send you a couple of CR1620s as an apology.

2 Likes

Don’t be daft, it happens.
I put the comment to hopefully stop anyone else buying them.
I’ve got some coming today,(I got a refund on the 1632’s anyway)
Very kind gesture though. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

3 Likes