NC front brake caliper dust seal help

Does anyone know any tricks for replacing the front brake calliper piston dust cover. It is driving me crazy after a couple of hours trying.

Sticking front brake. Stripped down, piston removed, slider pins replaced (probably didnt need to be replaced just cleaned), cleaned up, old seals removed and replaced - nearly… I can either get the dust seal into the caliper body (tricky but it will go in) or piston into the body but can’t do both. I have tried for hours to get the dust seal located with the piston in place - just won’t go into place. I can get the dust seal on the piston but then can’t get the seal in the body and piston in place.

I assume you fit piston seal, piston then slide dust cover over piston locate dust seal in the caliper body then locate the dust seal in the piston. Buggered if I can do it.

It is driving me nuts. Can anyone help??

There is a bit of corrosion so I do wonder if this is stopping it sliding into place.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Try this. Not MX but it should work for you👍🏻.

1 Like

I will try that in the morning.

Thanks

Make sure all corrosion is cleaned out of the groove that the seal locates in on the caliper body.

3 Likes