NC hard top dimensions?

I’ve sourced a hard top for my NC and I’m considering how to get it home.

My options are obviously collect it myself, or have it couriered.

Really not a fan the idea of having it couriered, so spending a day driving to Dorset and back is the preferred option.

The question is, I don’t think it will fit in the back of my daily driver… Can anyone give me the dimensions of it??

Thanks!

What!!! I think you are morally bound, if not legally, to use a courier. Things ain’t good at the moment.
:heart:

1 Like

Yeah that’s another point, I’m also considering buying it and just not collecting for a while until I’m able to… I’d rather that than risk it being damaged.

But again, need the sizes!

They are about 52" long x 60" wide x 17" high. The best thing to transport them when it is safe to do so is an MX5?

I agree, but as much as I love my mx5, the thought of a 500 mile round trip in it fills me with dread…

I’d rather die actually :joy:

1 Like

It might be Easter before restrictions ease up and then you won’t need it anymore. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t ‘need it’ at all, the car never goes outside unless it dry and sunny!

But I love the look of them so I just want one regardless haha

Does it come with the fitting kit, they are rather expensive to buy as an extra?

The fitting kit can be exchanged to your car, of course if the seller doesn’t have it fair enough.

Don’t know the size sorry.

Yes, I would like a fixed hardtop as well but I am in no rush and prices sometimes drop a bit in summer. There is one on ebay at the moment starting at £800. That is without fitting kit.

Well for the one I’ve sourced, the seller tells me everything is included as they’re selling the car separately… Apparently everything I need is included.

On that subject, where would I find a checklist of everything needed?

https://www.mx5parts.co.uk/hardtop-fitting-mk3-35-p-1500.html

And these parts replace the trim which would now have been modified on the sellers car.

https://www.mx5parts.co.uk/hardtop-removal-mk3-35-p-1504.html

Yep the seller confirms everything in the kit comes with it…

So for £650 I’m getting a metallic grey hardtop with a full fitting kit…?

Sounds too good to be true!

Good deal👍

I nearly bought one myself, a complete kit for around £500 only trouble wrong colour.

I had seen picture of a true red with matching hardtop, it looked good. But then I came to my senses, can’t just put the top down and I really didn’t use the car in winter and it’s garaged. So really why buy one?

I then spotted a true red top for £800 no kit with it, s*d’s law, anyway I still don’t need one🙄