NC interior headlining CarbonMiata

1. My model of MX-5 is: __NC 3.75 PRHT
  2. I’m based near: __
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __CarbonMiata PRHT headliner

Hi looking for any feedback whether anyone has bought and fitted one of the quilted leather hardtop headliner from CarbonMiata item below.

I have the stone coloured leather interior on my NC3.75, I am temped by the light coloured ‘sweet rice’ which from the image looks a close match for my interior.
I think the interior would be lightened up with this as well as giving some sound insulation. Not sure about how it is fitted.
I have seen others have fitted the carpet set and boot liner from this company but not the headliner.
Any comments appreciated.
Cheers

From a fellow 3.75 owner.
Putting aside whether I or any other is a fan or not, be careful with the colour choice. From experience I have bought things in the past which I thought would be a good colour match. Only to find out when it arrived it looked awful. I am NOT saying it will, but it might clash with your seats. :thinking:
Can the company provide a swatch/off cut of the colour/s you want before buying?
Just a thought/opinion. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Hi
I also have a stone coloured interior and I have just ordered a set, but all black

Will let you know when they arrive and will forward any feedback
R

1 Like

It would be interesting to get a report on your impressions of sound reduction, as well as hear final costs including import duties etc

Hi any feedback would be good, thanks. Hope you are pleased with your purchase.

I assume they are on a plane as we speak. Also ordered the floor mats, so will let you know how I get on
Thanks
R

1 Like

Hi
Has that plane landed yet with your floor mats and head liner? :grinning:
If so have you been able to fit them yet, it would be good to know how you got on and how the headliner is attached.
Thanks for any info.
Stay safe in these times, happy motoring.
Steve

1 Like

Still in transit I’m afraid. According to the parcelforce website, they confirm the package has been exported but that’s all the info I have at the moment
Will let you know as soon as they land
R

1 Like

I’m in the same boat, ordered headliner and carpets in the beginning of February, they have just arrived in the UK, so awaiting either their delivery or a letter from Parcelforce asking for payment for any duties due. :crossed_fingers:

Hi

What model MX-5 do you have? I am only asking because my carpet in the passenger footwell of my NC3 does not fit very well and I would be interested to see how you get on

Thanks

Russ

Mine’s a 12-plate 3.5, I took a bit of a gamble, albeit an expensive one, that it will fit ok. The inside of mine is in need of a spruce up, so I’m hoping they fit ok and improves the look, next up is to refurbish the seats.

I’m amazed, parcel just arrived, no duty to pay either!
I’m letting the carpets and headlining “unroll” and may have a go at fitting the carpets this afternoon, anyone have any tips for fitting before I stumble around? The headlining I’ll leave for a warmer day.

2 Likes

Carpets are relatively straight forward, usual stuff like thoroughly clean the existing flooring before fitting etc. I found starting with the seats fully back, helped to getting the bulk of it in position then carefully sliding them forward to to get the strips down each side in better. I also found (on mine) that the dead pedal was better taken off, carpets into position and then fixed back in on top. It’s quite a funny shape in that small area, with seams going everywhere! :nerd_face:

Barrie

Cheers Barrie, going to have a play this afternoon and fit the passenger side first (as that is likely to be empty for a while - Billy-No-Mates :laughing:)

1 Like

The weather was nice so I fitted the headlining, if it stays up :crossed_fingers: it will be great, looks very good at the moment.
The passenger side carpet is in, looks ok, probably as good as you’ll get without having a custom made piece, I think it could be better, but I’ll leave it for a few days and then take another look, just to see if I can improve the fit.

1 Like

Resurrecting this thread to ask, anyone else having problems with the lining not staying up in this heat? I’ve temporarily removed it as every time I get in the lining is on, or half on the seat as the glue has melted.
Any recommendations for an heat/ cold resistant adhesive?

I have one. I complained when it arrived as it was rolled up too tight to squeeze into a box so it arrived permanently creased. Tried all sorts to warm it up etc but it didn’t work.

I ended up getting some extra Velcro and using a hot glue gun to stick to the liner. Didn’t really work.

I then got some stuff from “The Range” of all places. Think it was called NEO tape ? It’s an extra sticky clear gel like stuff on a roll. I used two rolls of that and it’s been stuck in place for over a month.

If I had to give the product a score I’d give it a 2 out of 10. Bit ■■■■.

Now I have it I can see me making a much better one and using this one as a template. Alcantara or similar.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. Mine went up ok, although some of the velcro wasn’t sewn in brilliantly. I bought extra velcro, this came with a heavy duty adhesive backing, stuck like the proverbial on a shovel until it got cold, or hot and then the adhesive failed :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I’ll give the tape a try, if yours has stayed in place in the warm weather we’ve had recently it probably means it will be ok :crossed_fingers:
I’m having the seats recovered in October (leather bolsters, alcantara centres) and if I’m still having problems I’ll ask the trimmer to have a look.

Just put it back up with 6metres😳 of Nano gel tape, if that lot doesn’t do the job I might as well give up!

1 Like