NC, ITB heat shield & cold air feed

I decided to make a heat shield and cold air feed to try and reduce the heat soak to my ITBs. Overall, im happy with how it turned out, although i havent completely finished. The cold air duct is behind the grille in the front bumper, as i didnt want to cut a hole out in the bumper. I havent had chance to measure the temperature either side of the heat shield when driving etc, to see what effect it has, but im hoping to do this soon.

2 Likes

How did your mod perform in real life Craig? I was thinking of going a different route by fitting an inline fan to the cold air supply feed and switching on in slow moving traffic as required or running off a itb mounted temp sensorso I’d be interested in your results before I crack on.

I haven’t measured the temperatures either side of the heat shield, so I can’t give exact numbers I’m afraid. What I can say though, using a non scientific method, is when I park the car in my garage after a drive, the strut brace, ITB air filter etc is cool to the touch, compared to the hot side of the engine components which are toasty. So it has to be making a difference. Since my original post, I have now also heat wrapped my exhaust manifold, which should be reducing under bonnet temps even further.

Cheers Craig