NC Keyfob problem but not the keyfob!

I have a 2006 NC the keyfob is working, the red light comes on when you press the button and it has new battery, same with second keyfob, but it only opens the doors or boot sometimes, same with both key fobs, so it looks like the problem is the CAR not the key fob, but everything i search for is all about problems with the key fob. Where is the sensor on the car picks up the signal from the key fob?

Have you twiddled the prongs connecting to the battery inside the fob? I’ve had problems even with new batteries, they just needed cleaning or a slight tweak to make better contact.

I’ll try that thanks just seems odd both fobs would have the same problem thats why i think its the car

I think the nc keypad may have a weak signal or something degrades over time with that or the receiver. My mums old nc would play up even if you bent the prongs to increase pressure on the batteries and fitted a new one to both. You’d have to offer the key up to the drivers side scuttle panel when pressing to guarantee it would work.