NC mid section silencer removal

Has anyone fitted one of these to their NC? If so what was the fit like and what did it do to the exhaust note?

Jase

some info here

Cheers, looks like the same one - ordered one…and so it begins after 4 months of ownership :flushed:

2 Likes

Just seen this now…

There’s one very important question here: Is the car standard or lowered?

Pipe I mentioned in my link above was abolutely perfect and gave a lovely sound… But then I lowered the car by 30mm and ran into all sorts of clearance issues, and not just with speedbumps. A couple of weeks ago I went out in the dales in it for a day and it and because the B roads are quite uneven, lots of hidden dips etc, the exhaust was scraping and banging on the road all day where it bends to meet the backbox.

It was probably a hair’s width away from having a hole in it from all the grinding and I’ve since had it replaced with a custom stainless steel section, which now clears everything and doesn’t cause a problem as it’s sat higher up, nearer to the subframe where it should be.

No concerns for you if you’re on the standard springs, but I had a world of sh!t after lowering it on billy’s with eibach springs

Its a rht sport, I do have a set of -30 eibachs to fit to it. I can always tweek it if needed, cut and reweld. You would have thought they would have made a jig with the oem one then made the new one around that…or does the cobalt sit slightly lower?

Chris, nice pair of Olive Green overalls you’re wearing in your video :wink:.

2 Likes

hahahha, how observant of you!

No the cobalt actually sits higher on my car (you can’t see the box itself, just the tailpipes and rear section where it attaches to the center pipe)

There’s every chance you won’t have an issue unless the pipe is literally identical, you’re might be better made than mine is, but if you’ve got the ability to cut & weld it if needs be then you’ll be fine

Good Catch Chris, i wasn’t aware of your “world of SH1T!” issues , glad all sorted now

1 Like

Well fitted it Saturday, had to lengthen it due to where it the exhaust had been cut to replace the original silencer. No real increase in noise, just a little raspier, but it does seem to pull better - not sure where the replacement mid silencer is from but must have been restrictive. Fits nice and tightly round the diff/subframe :sunglasses:

1 Like