NC MX5 replacement carpet possible new supplier in UK

1. My model of MX-5 is: __NC
  2. I’m based near: __Cambridge
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __replacement carpet

Admin please remove and advise if not allowed.

I’ve been looking for a while including on here for a replacement carpet for my NC MX5, The only option seems to be OE at £527 or a company in the US with a LHD option but with prohibitive shipping and import duty costs.

Recently I have been in contact with Newton Commercial who sell carpets for the NA and NB. They are interested to see if there is enough demand for the NC to justify the initial investment.

Let me know your thoughts please and I’ll pass them on.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to find similar too without success, you’ve done better !!
I’d love to have a better quality carpet than oe fair and really love it in red….black can be sooo boring. :wink:

:+1: I’ll count you in!

1 Like

Without an NC at the moment but………

Was always a thing that a nicer replacement carpet wasn’t available for the NC. I ended up with the carbonmiata offering of quilted floor. Very nice but not to everyone’s taste and not an inexpensive option although it does cover all visible floor carpet areas. I’d definitely be up for a set from Newton if they made them (and I get back into an NC) 10 year production run should see a market for these?

Barrie

1 Like

Been out of the classic mini world now for quite a few years but when I did have my mini, Newton Commercial were held very highly for a luxury high quality carpet upgrade.

I’m not in the market for a carpet myself but if I were I would be very pleased to see them in the NC game!

Edit as I had accidentally directly replied to a post rather than to the thread.

1 Like

I take it this has died a death ?

Yep not much interest and I found a second hand carpet in good condition and now damp smell.

1 Like

Yep sorry no interest !!

1 Like