NC MX5 Tow Strap Extension for Fabric Tow Pull

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2009 NC MX5 PRHT
  2. I’m based near: West Mids
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on:
    I’ve got one of those fabric tow straps attached to a triangle metal bracket with an M10 ish hole. This was purchased for one of my prior vehicles for use on track days. Does anyone know where I can get hold of a tow thread extension so that I can mount this to the outside of the front bumper?

Amazon do a few extensions but not in the M20 size which I believe from other forum posts is the NC size.

Note: I also know this is a tie down point rather than a tow point, but for the use case for a track day where the vehicle (hopefully not) would be towed maybe a few meters I’m happy to use this point rather than trying to attach to subframes etc.

Davefab do a similar tow strap to the one I have.

Sorry, I don’t have the answer to your question but rather another question…

What, if any, is the advantage of these fabric tow loops over the OEM supplied screw in hoop bolt ? Is it merely for aesthetic purposes ??

Cheers

Not sure there is, maybe a weight save although im sure the full english at the track cafe would negate that.

Only reason im looking to fit this one is so that I can then fit the tow eyelet in the boot on the rear of the car so Ill have recovery ability from both ends.

I have tow straps fitted to the tie down points on my NBFL when competing, and to date never needed them but I can’t pretend I’d not be concernd if they ever were needed. If I had a Mk3 with front and rear tow eyelet options I would not hesitate to get a second screw in tow eyelet, less than 30 squid for one and if you want a matching non oem pair still less the 60 squid, could save a lot of damage if recovering your vehicle ever became a necessity.

the oem steel towing eye is a M20 X 2.5mm thread.
Id screw the towing eye first on both sides of the car just to make sure there is still thread there (or it has rusted away) in my car only the front thread is good - the rear is completely gone

if both good then you could just buy another towing eye but personally i wouldn’t bother. I just use one at the front.
The strap ones should be ok, the straps are pretty strong and as long as you have a good/strong mounting point it should be fine.
Dont even consider ebay premium aluminium aftermarket towing eye - its purely cosmetic.

Did you end up finding something for this? Looking for a strap mount for my NC2(MK3.5)