NC PRHT hard top rear latch rattle/movement

Hi All,

I recently acquired an NC 2.0i Sport folding hardtop (PRHT), having previously owned a NA S-Spec import circa 11 years ago.

She is generally spot on - no rust, Mazda service history etc etc, although had a sticking caliper so have replaced this.

However the hardtop rear latch (roughly in the centre behind the seats) that latches when the hard top is retracted is rattling when the roof is up. When the roof is down it is quiet as the latch is tensioned, however when up it can be rattled by hand, and of course rattles constantly when going over any kind of bumps.

Has anyone had this problem, is this some loose fitting? How can you get the best access to the surrounding trim (if removeable), how does it remove, and any other advise would be very valuable.

Many thanks for any pointers.

Mike

1 Like

Is it a copper red 2010 plate by any chance ?

Hi,

Not in this case - 2009 registered NC1 in silver.

To jump on this thread. What problems come with the copper red 2010’s?

Just checked our 2010 folding hard top Miyako. There is some lateral play (approximately 2-3mm & slightly less fore & aft. It does make a noise when wiggled but I can’t say I have noticed it rattling when driving with the roof up. It looks like the “hook” (which looks like a bird’s head from the side) is held in place with a pin that is secured by an “e” clip. I can’t see any way that it might be adjusted though. The inner rear panel behind the seats is held in place with plastic 2 part rivets. I would advise using a trim removal tool to remove them as they are easily broken.