NC PRHT Radio Reception

1. My model of MX-5 is: __2010 NC PRHT Sport Tech
  2. I’m based near: __ Barnsley, S Yorks
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __ Reception Dropouts Radio 2 FM Bose Stereo

I know there are a few members in an around the South and West Yorks areas that may be able to help with an issue that’s suddenly cropped up with radio reception.

I’m finding that my preStored Radio 2 that’s been happily entertaining me for 3 years is dropping out and seeking a new frequency almost constantly over the last couple of weeks. I’ve retuned but it hasn’t made much difference. Other channels such as Hallam seem unaffected.

I’m near J36;of the M1 and the TV transmitter is Emley Moor if thats the same for radio as well.

Anyone else having problems or is there something I can check ?

Can’t remember what it’s actually called, a setting on the radio can be found to let the signal find, something like TA but that could be incorrect.
I must have set something inadvertently on my last stock head unit and it always wanted to find radio Nottingham or radio Leicester and not Derby I’d previously set it in. Also kept finding traffic reports which I hated hearing, it just needed resetting.

TA is for Traffic Announcements. If the radio is trying to retune the station it must be struggling to track it. Maybe the aerial needs cleaning/tightening. Or it could be your radio is struggling to cope with advancing transmitter technology.

Maybe the transmitter is operating on reduced power for maintenance.
Try giving the BBC a ring.

Just googled it and there was an announcement of reduced power made on 1st April

Ah, that would explain it. On a couple of occasions, the first I knew was when the display gave a frequency instead of BBC R2 [yep, that age] but then it started cutting out intermittently.

Last time I was out, it seemed fine though.

1 Like

Probably back at full power then.