NC Roll bar, soft top retained

1. My model of MX-5 is: NC
  2. I’m based near: Oxford
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Roll Bars

Hi. I spent quite some time trying to find a roll bar for my NC. I never felt totally secure on track days for obvious reasons. The problem was that all the bars I found meant losing the soft top which I didn’t want. After a lot of research, I found a solution from Motor Sport Rollcages (https://motorsportrollcages.com/product-category/roll-bars ) based in Northern Ireland. Great service and product and highly recommended.

Hi,
I’m after fitting a roll bar soon, and was thinking the the 5race or gcfabrications from bofi fit the bill and work along side the rag top?
Your experience greatly received, thanks Kev.

Bofi sell GC Fabs and don’t keep them in stock.
GC Fabs don’t keep stock either and their customer service is dire. They’ll take your money and never ever answer the phone or any emails then deliver it some day in a few weeks/months whenever they’re ready.
It’s a shame because it is a decent product.

1 Like

Gotcha👍

1 Like

I don’t think you can retain the rag top.

You can, i’ve fitted a few. Read the descriptions on the website.

5Race roll bar installed on mine with no problems. Look on my bio for a post I did which contains some images of the bar installation (NC1 before, during and after) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Craig. Thanks, my research was obviouly incomplete but I am pleased with what I have installed. Great paint job on your car too.
Thanks to Duratec too for his comments.
Hope to get it out on track again soon. Mallory Park and Bedford Raceway booked so far.

Hi Steve,

Apologies, I didn’t realise that you have already installed one. The one you have linked looks
really good.

I’m looking to do Croft on the 7th May.

Craig.

1 Like