NC Sat Nav update

1. My model of MX-5 is: a 2015 Sport Venture 1.8

2. I’m based near: Taunton

3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: my NC Sat Nav upgrades and how to do them

Connectivity & Navigation | Mazda UK

Sorry, but good luck!

Thanks I think I am going to need it, trying to update the sat nav is becoming a real pain, if the link you gave me doesn’t solve the problem I will swap out the unit for something else, do you have a view or any advice on that option thanks.

Are you aware that you’ll need to get an SD card and leave it in the unit going forwards? Or have you not got that far yet?

Yes I purchased the proper SD card and I have attempted to update the system a few weeks ago but I just kept going around in circles as the download to the card would not work. Before I joined this fab club others have told me that I am probably going to struggle to get it up dated.

I can’t remember the exact process but are you trying to migrate the software from the unit onto the SD card? You should have downloaded something along the lines of…

AVN2_SD-card_Tool

I will have a proper look at this tomorrow and be in touch thanks.

No sorry, not really up on fitting aftermarket audio anymore and after offering to and helping out some “Yoof” in my village fit a new head unit, speakers and a sub woofer to his '15 plate Corsa over the Christmas period I remembered why!

The instructions on how to update the maps on the AVN2 (which is actually a re-badged Alpine INE-W920R) can be found here: Naviextras.com - Map updates for your navigation device and more...

I’d suggest that it’s not especially cost-effective or sensible to spend a lot of money updating the maps on this 10+ year old unit. Personally, I’ve bought a Kenwood DMX8020DABS to replace mine (just waiting for some slightly warmer weather to fit it), which will allow me to use wireless Android Auto and Google Maps, with all the advantages that brings. However, it’s a standard-ish Double-DIN unit, so there’s a massive range of replacement headunits available at all price points.

Thanks for that.

Thanks Philip I will take note.