NC Scorpion Exhaust

Hi

Apologies if this isn’t quite in the right place.

As the proud owner of an 05 Galaxy Grey MK3, I thought I’d share my recent experience. I was struggling to decide which exhaust / backbox would be best for me as my original Mazda system had needed welding in the middle and to be honest I quite fancied a bit more woofle. After extensive research and a chat with Grant at Scorpion, I decided to bite the bullet and replace the whole system from primary cat back. I rang around a few distributors for pricing and delivery and ordered from Turbo Performance in Ringwood. The system arrived very well packaged two days later and despite the temptation I didn’t even open it. The next day my local fitters, Tyred and Exhausted in Okehampton, (who by the way do a great job of geo setup) fitted the system. I wasn’t sure how loud it would be, deleting the secondary cat and resonator but I was well pleased. At tickover or around town at 2k ish it’s hardly louder than stock. On the motorway, cruising under light load, it’s not at all boomy or droning. But when you accelerate hard, as you tend to, it is so much better with a very sporty rasp, not at all artificial, just like a sports car should sound. With the odd pop on the overrun. Lovely. The pickup from 3k upto 5+ is quicker and I’m sure more power has been released.

MOT next week and I’m assured that it will still pass with one cat, fingers crossed on that one.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Kind regards

Marc 

Would be very interested on feedback re the MOT as I’m looking to do something similar on my MK3.5

I will certainly report back in the next couple of weeks as MOT is due 21st October .
Regards
Marc

Hi,
Just a quick update. My Mk 3 has just passed it’s MOT. Great news. CO2 was fine but the Lambda reading was right on max @ 1.03. The tester suggested that there might be a small air leak between cat and backbox, but that it would probably soot up and seal better over time? No comment made about the noise.
All good news and it’s sounding better with more use as well.
Cheers
Marc