NC Seat Options

Hi All,

Spotted yesterday someone had Corsa vxr recarros in their NC, is this a common swap? Anyone know what the common issues are? I’ve not swapped seats before but the current ones are not that supportive when needed but are fine for long road trips etc.

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2012 NC 2.0 Sport Venture
  2. I’m based near: Banbury
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Replacement Seat Options

I’m bouncing this as I’ve done a search and can’t find any answers

All I find on Google is a confusing world of bracket this that and the other, I just wanna phone someone up and they sort it all out

Any ideas?

Yep Im with you on this one, no definitive answers online only sites that want to sell you what may fit.
Then theres the air bag issue and passenger detection issue both to wire out or fail MoT on dash warnings :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Have you considered just getting the seats you have reupholstered to fit your requirements and give them a freshen up? This would strike me as a much less complicated option :thinking:

I bought the SE as it has cloth seats , in great condish as well and frankly one of the most comfortable seats I’ve ever sat in

But you know , got some cash burning a hole

It’s not easy getting an answer, I’ve had more luck on the mx5 Facebook pages so worth a search there aswell.

I’ve recently purchased seat lowering brackets from Jas performance to try.

https://www.jassperformance.com/shop/mx5-nc-seat-lowering-adapters-height-adjustable

Doesn’t solve the lack of support when on track etc but hopefully helps a little. Otherwise people have talked of foam removal in the existing seat or speaking with Roddisons or Jas direct about seats they have fitted that worked.

Main issue seems to be the side of the seat clashing with the door or preventing the centre storage being opened to access the fuel cap release.

Tbh, mine’s got leather and I absolutely love them- even at 7 years old, it’s still the first smell you get when you open the door. I’d agree that they are a bit on the firmer side but that tends to agree with my back. Same reason I prefer a slightly firmer mattress (no jokes, please :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), but yeah, it’s very much a personal thing and to each their own :grin:

1 Like

Interested in this too. What aftermarket seats have people successfully installed and what hardware/mounts did they use? Especially interested din any solutions that result in more headroom

I’ve got a Mirco GT bucket seat mounted on a PCI sliding rail in my NC with no issues (door closes fine, no clash with centre console etc). The seatbelt is a bit more of a pain to clip in as the receiver is covered over slightly from the side of the bucket seat. I had to install a resistor into the airbag module to prevent the warning light coming on. I still have the standard passenger seat as I only tend to use the car on track so I don’t require a bucket seat in the passenger side (plus it’s more hassle to replace the passenger side seat as it has additional sensors to sort out).