NC Suspension What Have You

Taken from here: http://www.duratecnc.co.uk/?p=52

I put lowering springs on and the car hasn’t gone fully down.

The suspension arm bushes on the front upper arm have not been slackened off to reset them to the new ride height and are twisted, holding the car up. To some (lesser) degree this does happen at the rear too, especially when the bushes are seized onto the through bolts and have been twisted to set the geometry or the car lowered. The cure is simple at the front; slacken off the offending upper bolts and with the car sat on its wheels, the bushes will rotate, car drop down then tighten them up. To explain a bit more of what is happening: The inner bushes front and rear are of the torsion type, so are locked in place by the through bolts, when the arm moves up naturally and down it twists the bush which contributes to roll stiffness.

Interesting, I didn’t realise. Maybe the car has this issue already, I mean the car looks HIGH!

I was tempted to give fitting the springs a go myself but after reading this, I may leave it and have a professional fit them to avoid any issues. Any recommendations of fitters in the South Wales area?

No, sold them when I fitted the coilovers. Nice thing about them, buy used and if needed you can sell at pretty much same price

Just need to find someone doing the same. Lol

Konis plus BBR lowering springs fitted by BBR. RX8 yellow arb’s fitted by me. Handles and corners way better than a standard NC, and is more comfortable, because it has more control.

MeisterR CRD’s for me coupled with IL anti roll bars and their adjustable drop links too.

1 Like