NC Suspension What Have You

1. My model of MX-5 is: NC 2012
  2. I’m based near: Swansea
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Suspension

Hi all, so I’ve had a lot of miles in eibach springs on stock billies (looked great, but felt harsh over choppy roads) and standard sportech (really good ride, nice handling but not great stance and rolly polly when pushed) so wondering where to go next. I appreciate it’s been asked a million times but would really love some feedback from people, I know it’s a personal choice but it’d be great to hear from people who’ve tried the options and can compare to standard/eibach springs. Cheers.

If you are keeping the car long term then it has to be coilovers.
MeisterR’s were my preference, had them on around 4 years much better for me than lowering springs on tired Bilsteins.:+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, how do you think they compare comfort wise to stock? I guess with adjustments open they’re quite compliant?

Hi purchased a 2012 kuro edition 4 months ago this has Meister Rs on it
Had it set up properly as the previous owner had it that low it was undrivable but looked slammed(think thats what people would call it) It now drives fantastic and holds the road very well a pleasure to drive

1 Like

MeisterR’s fitted and changed the car, sticks to the road on the corners and ride over bumps much better.

Worth the expence if your going to hold on to the car. Look for me posts for photo’s of my MX5 with them fitted.

2 Likes

2010 Sport Tech with Meister club race fitted to replace the standard Bilstein suspension. Third set I’ve had, other two were on mk1’s over three separate cars. I really like them as they come with top mounts fitted too, making it easier to install. Approximately 30mm drop which for me, is fine. I recently set the damping almost to full soft from mid setting and find the car very comfortable. Also had Eibach -30mm springs on standard shocks fitted to a previous NC1 soft top, for the money, they were also a good option but more for looks than anything else in my case.

Meister’s on the sport tech

Eibachs on the other car

Barrie

2 Likes

Kuro on Meister Rs

2 Likes

Kuro on Meister Rs

1 Like

And for a slight difference, I fitted Vmaxx coilovers to my mk3 sport. Can’t comment on comparison to Meister, but at less than half the price, offer a real price point alternative. Very pleased with them

3 Likes

Thanks for all the replies, anyone got a link to somewhere recommend to buy the meisters? Cheers :beers:

If you’ve read the thread I started on ride height on the NC you will see a lot of options in there.

Personally I went from standard sport Bilstiens to Bilstiens B12 35mm drop kit, then the MeisterR CRDs

Standard - I would be happy with, but mine were tired and bouncy.
35mm drop Bilstiens - too low, quite firm, stuck like glue but not so pleasant on crappy country roads
MeisterR - great compromise. And adjustable.

I bought mine direct from MeisterR UK website, negotiated a free set of adjusters via email first.

2 Likes

And to add some info about MeisterR’s, the condition of them are perfect on mine after around 4 years fitted. Ok I don’t do a massive amount of miles per year and the car is sorn through the worse of the winter months, definitely don’t use when the roads are salty.
Just been doing some brake work on the car and always give the Meisters a wipe over when the wheels are off, they still look as new once cleaned up, no corrosion.

2 Likes