NC to ND - How did that happen?

We bought our first MX-5, a 2008 NC 1.8l in 2021 and have loved every minute of it. Been to the Scottish Highlands twice and joined here a year ago, but not had time to do or post much since joining as life got in the way. Anyway, wife was perusing the internet on Thursday trying to help a friend find a new car and she spotted a lovely looking 2019 ND 2.0l for sale not that far from us. Long story short, we went to look at it today and it’s now sat in my garage. Going to have to sell the NC which is a real shame, but can’t afford to keep both. The NC has been great, but the ND feels that bit more refined, especially for long journeys.

Anyone got any thoughts or advice?

I think you saw a nice car and bought it :slightly_smiling_face:

Which bit did you need advice on?

2 Likes

Just anything general really. I usually do lots of research before I buy. It is the first one we actually went to see, and it was in such good condition that I thought we’d spend a long time looking for anything as good. And the look on the wife’s face said buy it or die. :rofl:

Any strange quirks or things to watch out for? I know about the gearbox issue, but this hasn’t been ragged and I might use it on an occasional commute.

If the friend is still talking to you both, then offer the friend your NC and then you can all go to the local/national events together :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Was it the soft top or the fastback you bought?

That’s great you have a garage to keep it dry :+1:

No problem there, sounds like a good purchase :+1:

What colour and spec did you go for? Get some photos of them together, before the NC goes!

1 Like

It’s a 2.0 SKYACTIV-G Sport Nav+ Convertible in blue. Only 1 owner who appears to have been fastidious with what he wanted in spec. Really clean car, looks well looked after.

1 Like

Soft top. Garage is a bit old and got some gaps but it keeps most of the weather out.

Don’t think their kids would fit in the boot without the NSPCC getting a bit frantic. Would be nice to run one each, but the NC just has to go. Money and space to store is finite unfortunately.

What does the new plate start with? Are you going change usernames? :wink:

I think I’m going to have to. This one end in PBU, so the wife has nicknamed it Pubert. I think I’m more Lurch than Gomez anyway.

1 Like

Nice one🙂

Will look for the photos of the new one!!:heart_eyes_cat:

Also, I’ve got a nick for your old girl too.

Please check your inbox😎

1 Like

Grabbed a photo this morning during the brief sunshine.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.