NC tyre pressures for track day

Hi, I am doing a track day in early May at Castle Coombe. I have a 2007 2.0 sport NC RC that has had eibach lowering springs fitted and fast road alignment done by WIM. I have Avon ZZ3 tyres with 6mm of tread and wondered if the pressures should be set differently to the standard 29 psi for the track day? I will also have EBC yellow stuff pads fitted. I’m guessing the tyre temperatures will be higher than normal road use.

Grateful for any advice.

Thanks

There is no “correct” pressure, it it very much how the tyres feel to you, what your driving style is and everything else.

However as a starting point, 27 to 28. See how it goes from there, if they feel stodgy, then more pressure and bouncy and snappy, then less.

You will likely only be doing sessions so only 10 minutes before each chequered flag so not really enough time for overheating to set in.

A quick update. Did the track day at Castle Coombe on Monday. 29 PSI all round on the Avon ZZ3 tyres worked pretty well. Front near side tyre has graining on the outer tread but Castle Coombe is hard on that wheel, all cars have the same issue.

Car performed really well with the Wheels in Motion Eibach lowering Springs and fast road alignment. Drove other cars (track prepped TVR Cerbera, two old track prepped BMW 3 series) and none gave the feedback that the MX-5 did. I felt completely in control of the MX-5 but really wished it had another 50 horsepower! EBC Yellow stuff pads performed very well also.

Not sure I will do it again as it was hard on the car, I really did get the most out of it!