NC1 roof rattle

1. My model of MX-5 is: NC1/mk3 PHRT
  2. I’m based near: Devon
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Roof rattle

Hi all, recently noticed a really annoying rattle with the roof ip. It seems to be from the driver side plastic cover for where the latches to the wondscreen bezel are. Touching the cover seems to stop the buzz/rattle. I’m guessing popping it off and applying some foam pads will help things, just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to remove it with damage.

Thank you in advance

I had a bolt drop out of the central mount and rattling in the plastic. Took me ages to find it because I thought it was actually lower down.

2 Likes

Cheers for the response! How did you remove the plastic cover? The rattle on mine is coming from the right hand side latch above my head, im guess they release with a bit of pressure but wary to attempt blind

Firstly, it may not be that of course. But certainly worth a look under there.
Remove the bolts from under-the sun visors.
Then the brackets left and right.
Then “tease” the left and right windscreen plastic uprights. They pop off.
Then just pull the plastic tops down, all being well.
Be careful of the central light housing/wires etc.
Easier than you think from memory.
Good luck. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you very much! The central light has also died so il do the bulb at the same time. Much appreciated!

1 Like

Managed a quick look today on my jolly, there are the parts that can be rattling with the roof up. Would some gentle pressure bring them away from the roof? I’m unsure if the sun visor screws need to come out as they’re not attached to the roof, which these are.