NC3.5 hardtop roof catch ratlle

Hi, NC3.5 with power roof, noticed rattle at 3000 rpm which I eventually traced to the roof release housing, where the release catch is housed. If I press up on the cover of this with my hand the rattle stops. Anyone know how to get into this housing, there’s a plaster cover on it which I suppose prises off but don’t want to break anything. I’m guessing there is something in there which I can is rattling and can fix!

thanks v much

Have a look in this thread from Nov 19 which has lots of links to the various niggles and fixes for the PRHT, including catch adjustment, and bear in mind it might not be the catch or its cover needs adjusting.

1 Like

Google Rattling Top Latch fix and then scroll down the results to the link for Miata.net forum post of the same name. There is discussion and mention of a mazda tech bulletin for rattling cover. The subforum that post is in also has several other reports of fixing displaced springs in the latch assy. Another possible is the loose torx screw in the cover around the interior light. Happy reading

1 Like