ND - Boot Popper

Maybe just my ocd, but does anyone else feel like this mod pushes the boot up slightly when closed?

Thanks Jeff, that’s ideal :blush:

I think that’s just the spoiler!

These guys are good. I ordered mine on Thursday night and they have been delivered today (Saturday). Fitted them straight away.

This is a simple addition that works very well. No more finger tips needed to lift the boot lid :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

1 Like

I also ordered mine on Thursday afternoon, arrived and fitted Friday morning. They are fiercer than I expected but I guess I’ll get used to it,

A couple of people have mentioned this in the MX5Things reviews. I wonder if it could cause any issues with the seals?

I ordered mine last week and it only took a few seconds to fit. i agree that the boot now opens with a bit of speed, but its fine. I did put a small bit of tape on the bracket before putting teh screw through, as I did not want to damage the paint. It could probably do with a washer really, but I did not have any the right size…

Thanks Jeff. Very useful pics. It’s a bit dear but the standard opening mechanism is so weedy I think I’ll get these too. One question, do you find the springs make it tough to close the boot again?

1 Like

Hi, the boot does need a firmer push to get it to shut but not as bad as a “slam”. After a few shuts you learn new muscle memory and it’s fine. If you shut someone else’s boot though, you may get a frown or two :rofl:

Hmm, what if you just fit a popper on one side?

Is it enough to lift? Would it be gentler on the lift?

1 Like

May only get half way up and we all know how disappointing that is :rofl:

4 Likes

I tried one on just one side first and unfortunately it did not open the boot - it needs both. I agree it does need more pressure to close the boot, but I am very pleased with my purchase, it saves having to get your fingers under the trailing edge of the boot lid.

1 Like

Hi Jeff, I have a question for you if I may.
In your video, I notice the underside of your boot lid has three ‘blanking plates’ added with coloured stickers on them. Can you tell me where you got those as I have sound deadening mat applied to these inner areas and it look somewhat unsighty - your blanking plates look ideal?

Hi, there are no blanking plates, just the normal boot lid. Stickers came from wish.com.

1 Like