ND - Cobalt Exhaust

Having removed the piped music effect Sound Tube, the car interior was nice and quiet, BUT I realised that, outside, I couldn’t hear the car exhaust.

A simple fix - change the rear exhaust for the stainless steel cobalt exhaust from Moss.

The sound is nice and throaty but not too noisy as to make driving uncomfortable.  In my opinion, the engine seems to breath easier.

From Moss - I had to back-order the exhaust, but it came in about 3 weeks.  Now showing at £210.

Moss’ popular Cobalt brand now has a silencer for the new ND MX-5 Mazda! This silencer features an etched Cobalt logo on the tips and carries over all the same great features and sound from our other designs:

• 1.2 mm thick polished Stainless Steel used for muffler shell, tips, and piping
  • Muffler packing is a combination of stainless steel wool and fiberglass for a perfect sports car sound that is never intrusive, raspy or drones on the highway
  • Stainless Steel used for inner core and perforated tubing
  • 2-1/2" inlet and 2-1/4" dual outlet piping
  • Entire muffler completely polished to a mirror shine
  • Sporty 2-3/4" insulated and polished dual muffler tips
  • Easy bolt-on design
  • CA emissions legal
  • Gasket included
  • 5 Year Warranty

Fitting looks a straight forward swop could you post a few pics fitted 

Hard to photo them, my only gripe is that the nicely polished and logo’ed tail pipes fit snuggly under the bumper and cant be seen very well.  The similar pipe on my Mk1 sits out nice and proud in comparison.

Photo follows . . . sorry they are grubby, it’s my daily drive!

like the way the tails pipes look thanks for posting this up 

Hi

You mention  your car seems to breath easier since fitting the Cobalt exhaust , well I thought exactly the same thing after I fitted the Cobalt back box to my mk 3.

When I first picked the car up it felt a little sluggish, it had been sitting  on a dealers forecourt for some time, so I had it serviced   new plugs fitted and changed the standard air filter for a Pipercross, cleaned the Mass air flow sensor , which all helped, then fitted the Cobalt , the car feels so much sharper now compared to before  , maybe it’s a mixture of all these things , but the Cobalt was like the cherry on the top.

A  well made good looking exhaust , sounds good too.

Boz