ND Cobalt install. Anyone recommend a garage?

Just had cobalt delivered and looking for a garage to install it. I understand it to be a pretty simple job.Anyone had good experience with any garages in the Liverpool area?

I’m in the Crosby area.

Thanks
Richard

Just the silencer?

2 bolts and 4 rubber hangers, really straightforward for any garage if you’re not keen to DIY it. Takes around 15 minutes tops, usually.

If you’d like a direct recommendation, a mate of mine, Dan, runs Crosby Nissan. Say Adam with the MX5s sent you. He’s had tons of Jap stuff and will take care of ya!

1 Like

Hi Adam,

Yes just the silencer. I dont have any tools and am not very practical to be honest. One of the local garages didnt seem to keen so I’ll try give Dan a shout.

Thanks for the suggestion I appreciate it.

1 Like

No worries! Just spoke to Dan and he’s happy to help. Has let the lads know in the service dept to expect a call :+1:

Cheers and enjoy your new improved exhaust note :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi Adam,

Thanks for being so helpful. All booked in for the end of the month.

Cheers,
Richard

1 Like

just got round to fitting my cobalt last week sounds fantastic just the right level of noise not to loud

1 Like

and it is only a 15 minute job as long as the bolts are not seized I ended up buying new bolts from mx5 parts

1 Like

yes i believe its sounds good without being too lairy.

hmm thats not a bad idea. my car is only a year and a half old but it might be worth picking up some spares, what should i get? i’ll eyeball it tomorrow anyway

If your car is fairly new it should be a cinch to change over. My nc is 10 years old and the back box came off in 10 mins. 2 nuts and some silicone spray on the hangers to free off the rubbers. Didn’t even have to jack it up, just slid under the back.

all sorted. Thanks for your help Adam. I owe you a coffee

2 Likes

Great stuff! And very kind of you. Maybe our paths will cross sometime :grin:

You might want to think about keeping hold of the back box you take off, rather than putting it on eBay.

When I traded in my last MX-5, I put the original silencer back on. I got more for the trade in for having the car as stock, with no fancy exhaust.

The fancy exhaust went straight on to my new MX-5 as soon as I brought it home from the showroom :rofl:

And now I have a silencer in my loft that’s done about 185 miles.

good advice. I have the original boxed to put the car back to stock. Handy if i dont take to the cobalt :laughing:

i have to decide on whether to keep the soundtube now

after that next on the list is underseal. any opinions on it? where to go?

sounds good, if you ever fancy a drive out i usually end up in north wales or north pennines and yorkshire dales.

or theres always crosby coffee