ND Drivers Side Sill Cover

1. My model of MX-5 is: ND
  2. I’m based near: __Solihull
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __Replacing O/S Sill Cover

Hi, I managed to break the drivers side sill cover on my ND at the weekend by driving over a big rock. The plastic catches have brocken and itwont fix back on, must wonderd if anyone had a spare one in special machine grey to sell save me buying a new one! Many thanks, regads Jim

Have you broken the sill cover itself, or just the clips which attach it to the bodywork? The fixing clips (larger lower and smaller upper) are available via various suppliers. If the sill has been ripped off in a rearward direction on impact, it’s likely the clip-mounting bracket at the rear end of the sill cover has bits broken off where the two small upper clips mount it (see photo although it’s of the nearside sill). If the latter has occurred, is it repairable with a hot-melt glue gun?

Hi, thank you for your reply. Yes, the back plastic rear part has broken off, I may be able to repair it, it doesn’t look as desperate in the cold light of day, but it has bent it here and there! Here# the bit that has snapped off! I’ll try to weld it, regards Jim

Good luck with the attempted fix, or the sourcing of a reasonably priced replacement if unrepairable.

1 Like