ND - EXHAUST TIPS

POST causing some link errors which I canā€™t seem to correct - could an admin either fix or delete post?

Ā 

The exhaust tips looked a bit plain so I purchased these from Amazon France for Euro 38 and they were delivered in three days.

Push fit and seated using a rubber mallet.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1 Like

Ordered these tips on Monday afternoon and arrived Wednesday morning from Amazon France. Colour looks good on my Machine Grey MD.

Thanks again Jeff for your help.

Janet

1 Like

Can someone post the link?

1 Like

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B079TWQRGR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you enable Google Translate in Chrome and it will translate the page to English for you.

Although it doesnā€™t mention MX5, these are the ones I ordered and they fit.

You can push fit them on, but they need a firm tap when fitted to finally seat them. A rubber mallet or a piece of wood over the end and a hammer with a few gentle taps. They do not touch each other when side by side nor affect the exhaust in any way.

Perfect. They have the same ones on Amazon Uk as well, https://www.amazon.co.uk/A291-Stainless-Exhaust-Mirror-Polished-Tailpipe/dp/B079TWQRGR/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=black+exhaust+tip&qid=1567064136&s=gateway&sr=8-8 

Ordered, should be here tomorrow or Saturday, cheers.

1 Like

Also interest in these for when my RF arrives, does anyone have a picture of them fitted? Keen to see how much they protrude. Ā 

1 Like

See my picture above? Protrudes less than 10mm at the top and almost zero at the bottom.

1 Like

Not sure how I missed that, thank you 

1 Like

Thanks for the tips (pun) folk.Ā  Iā€™ve just placed an order with Amazon UK.Ā  Not many left.

1 Like

Hi , How do they look . Did you go for the Black ones or find a chrome option ? 

1 Like

Sorry, I should have posted a correction.  I cancelled my order as I was advised by a friend not to buy them.

1 Like

Why?

1 Like

The sound.  I like the sound of the standard exhausts on both my cars, but a friend has the tips on his and the sound changes somewhat, not a lot to most people but as I have severe tinnitus in both ears the difference was noticeable and and unpleasant.

1 Like

This an interesting thread, personally I see no reason to cover up perfectly goodĀ  standard, ā€˜shineableā€™, stainless steel tail pipes. Good job we are all individuals.

1 Like

I have these on my RF try on Amazon P/No KKmoon YOK4298168123550CI Steel Muffler Tail Pipe at Ā£ 18.29, they are a good tight fit using sprung stainless fingers in the pipe, I used a rubber hammer to ā€œeaseā€ them onto the original tail pipes they fit that well, I bolted mine for extra security but other ND/RF users have them just pushed on all ok, hope helps.

1 Like

Sorry to put a bit of a downer on these but, what probably changes the exhaust note is that the rounded lips on these tips protrude into the bore of the original exhaust causing turbulence and changing the sound. The turbulence will also impede the free flow of the exhaust which is designed to be as  free flowing as possible (particularly on the ND2) to improve power. If you look at the standard NC rounded exhaust tips they do not protrude into the bore of the exhaust.

1 Like

deleted

1 Like

what diffuser is that? Looks great  ?? 

1 Like

one I made around 6 months ago I could put a little picture thread up of the build if you want to see itĀ