ND Full Enhancement Detail and Ceramic Protection (3 Days)

After being allowed to share a fellow Detailer’s Unit (Altec Detailing, Shipley, West Yorks), I have fully polished and sealed my ND for at least two years protection

Day 1: Machine Polish via my ‘Flex’ VRG Polisher, ‘Meguiars Pro Correction’ Polish and ‘Chemical Guys’ MF Finishing pad

Wipe down with Paint prep to remove polishing oils…essential for Ceramic protection

Day 2: One coat of ‘Kamikaze Miyabi Coat’ Ceramic Sealant. 20 minute flash time per panel… Left to cure for 24 hours in a dry environment

Wheels sealed with ‘Gyeon Can Coat’ Ceramic Sealant and finished with ‘Gyeon Cure’ Quick Spray Sealant, after 24 hours

Day 3: Single Coat of ‘Kamikaze Infinity’ Hybrid Wax, left to cure for 90 minutes before buffing off (Best Car Wax Ive ever used by a considerable margin)

Tyres Dressed with ‘Gtechniq T1’

Glass sealed with ‘Gtechniq G5’ Glass Sealant

Pictures of the finished car:

A new coat of Infinity Wax to be applied after 6 months, but should last 12 months over the Miyabi Coat with careful washing with pH neutral Snow Foam and pure shampoo

Thanks for looking

Chris

(ChrisRS Valeting & Detailing)

Links to Kamikaze Products:

https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/kamikaze-collection/miyabi-coat-30ml.aspx

https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/kamikaze-collection/infinity-white-carnauba-and-hi-tec-glass-coat.aspx

Can’t say the colour wowed me until now. Looks stunning after your treatment.

Wow, thats the nicest meteor grey mx5 ive seen, they usually look so flat from factory! Gorgeous!!! Fancy doing my Jet Black one? :wink: he he 

Now looks like a meatier meteor grey!

Looks stunning Chris.

Great protection for the winter months ahead.

Andrew

Same colour as mine and really made my mouth water. How much would it cost to have mine done? 

All detailers will want to inspect the car before quoting and this approach is fair on both sides as it will depend on the condition of the cars bodywork.

Its 3 days work. Im not sure of the rates for Altec Detailing, but if you work on £100 a day…bare minimum for labour…

…then over £230 for the Ceramic Sealant and the Wax…£500 to £600 would not be out of the question

I like my car to look good but with £600 I can buy enough fuel to drive over 5000 miles. I know where my £600 is going.

Just a rough estimate on the labour

I did it myself (All of the car) and just paid for the product with my Trade Account

Stunning

looks amazing. Well done and thanks for sharing the details and pics. 

My ND is machine grey and your pics make me want to do more than my limited 2 x bucket knowledge!

Nice work, looks awesome 

To put that into perspective.  A dealer always tries to get you to pay around £500 for some guy to quickly slosh some “Supagard” or “Diamondbrite” onto your new car shortly before you collect it.  So what ChrisRs is offering for similar money is a bargain!  

PS:  The car looks great!

Wow, that looks amazing - especially the 5th picture down from the top 

Quick question if that’s ok: if I want to layer a paintwork wax/sealant, but due to time limitations need to apply a second coat on the following day, how would that work in practice?  Would it be best to do a quick hose down of the paintwork and then dry it with a soft detailing towel, to ensure no dust has settled overnight?  Or is there a better way of doing it?  The car would be in a garage overnight but there may well be dust in the air, etc.  Thanks very much in advance.

I wipe over with a damp cloth will safely remove any dust from being overnight in the garage. There shouldnt be much

OR use an air dryer and blow off any dust

TBH, Ive not had this problem so you should be ok

Thanks very much for the guidance above Chris, sounds good