ND Interior light...how difficult can it be?

1. My model of MX-5 is: ND (4 years old)
  2. I’m based near: Powys
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Replacment interior light

Hi all, just come back from a run and noticed the interior light is not working. I assume the bulb is blown but struggling to find a suitable on-line supplier of new bulbs. (MX5 parts showing no stock…others showing a bulb but then stating NC…are they the same?)
Just looking for any recommendations please?? (Have googled how to access and replace it, looks fairly straightvforward…hopefuly!!)

A led 31mm festoon is what you need, ebay or maybe Halfords

1 Like

Must be the same for nc, I used argo 31mm led festoon from ebay on both the room light and boot light and they made a great improvement. Probably worth buying a couple and changing both for the extra couple of pounds (if the nd is the same for both) :+1:

This is what I put in mine

When you remove/install the bulb take care as it is very easy to create a short circuit. Don’t get any metal bits any where near the light fitting. One side of the switch is always live. (unless you disconnect the battery)
:heart:

Hia l and many thanks for all the replies…Igot some of these of Amazon, (but they do look a little “bulky”)?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JCNL3V2?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

They’ll fit fine I’m sure. The 31mm ones I fitted had a larger body than that and still fitted.

I put the LED ones in the boot as well, it is surprising how much better they are than the standard bulbs.
:heart:

1 Like

Hi all, and thanks again for all the replies. The new LED bulbs arrived from Amazon the other day and I fitted them this afternoon. Took all of 5 minutes!! Initially the interior bulb I took out looked fine, but a later test with a mutli meter declared it defunct. As I had a pack of 4 a stuck one in the boot for good measure.

…and yes…a lot brighter than the originals!!

2 Likes