ND Outdoor Car Cover

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2016 ND 2.0 Sport Nav
  2. I’m based near: Liverpool
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Outdoor Half Car Covers

This winter, my MX-5 is being stored outdoors and has to brave the elements so I’ve been wanting to invest in a car cover. I plan to have a garage to store it in this time next year.

I’m looking to get a half cover just to cover the top for now. It’s a daily driver so I need to be able to take the cover off relatively quickly and store it in the boot.

I’ve been eyeing up this one on MX5 parts: Outdoor Half Car Cover, Genuine Mazda, RHD MX5 Mk4 – MX5 Parts

Has anyone got any experience using this cover? Anyone got any other recommendations ?

I purchased this half cover for my RF a few months ago and in my opinion it fits well However I have not used it in high winds or when the roof was not as clean as I normally like it to be. The thickness of the material seems good but only time will tell how long it will last. It is not lined and is secured using Velcro straps around the wing mirrors and door handles. The rear is secured by closing the boot over a pillow section while the front is held down using the wipers. All in all i am happy with it so far.

1 Like

I bought one from here about four months ago :- Car Covers

Only lightweight but only half what you are looking at. Fit was pretty good although after the recent really strong winds the elastic has stretched a bit - I’ve tied a knot in it to make it a bit shorter and that seems to have sorted for now. Seems waterproof and dead easy to put on and take off. If the elastic were better I would have no problem giving it five stars👍🏻

1 Like

Thanks @946Andy and @Simon_e for your input! I ended up going for the genuine Mazda one. I will post some pictures of it once it arrives.