ND painted mudguard pictures please!

ATH hinsberger do some rear skirt pieces you may be interested in.

1 Like

Thanks for that, not heard of these before so thats interesting to see what they have come up with.

Update as promised now the ebay mudguards above are fitted.

The rear ones are on;

I havent cut them (apart from tidying up the moulding tags). My car is on the sport suspension with Eibach pro springs which dropped it about 20mm all round and the mudguards are about 6cm from the road at the bottom.

The mudguards are very flexible so you can push them into shape while you drill the holes to hold them snugly against the car. This flex does mean that they deform easily and mine have creases that keep coming back even if I straighten out. I also doubt that paint would stay on very long due to the flex and the slightly oily feel of them.

I dont thnk that the fronts will work though, this is it being held up.

You would need to cut out a section if you have the side skirts and the guard was hitting the road so would need trimming. It would be very easy to get the skirt trimming wrong to keep the rest of the guard nice and tight on the car. I think the front be better with just a piece of flat material made from anything yourself for mudguard duties alone.

So the bottom line is that I will keep looking for options for what I want but I will be keeping the rear guards on for now.

Not convinced that they are the way to go, but if they suit your purpose then go for it. :heart:

No, they are certainly not what I am after but they will keep the bumper cleaner for now!

Thanks for posting, I think this is definitely the way to go for mudguards and I am sure yours look great.
I suppose I was hoping to something like the rear oem mudguards on a mk3 MR2, they are a sort of “poor mans bodykit” (cant find a picture right now to show you what I mean but they look great painted body colour).

PS Your picture looks familiar…