ND painted mudguard pictures please!

I am considering getting some mudguards which I would want to get painted body colour but I have not been able to find any pictures of them fitted and painted on the internet.

Does anyone have them fitted or some pictures of them (painted or unpainted)? I am thinking of front and rears and would also like to see a picture from directly behind the car too. Unfortunately all the sellers just have pictures of the items unfitted which doesnt help to decide if I like how they change the look.

I hope someone can help!

I have them, they are painted black, our car is orange.
Be aware that they are very very small.
I can take some pictures on the morrow if you wish.
:heart:

1 Like

That would be great thanks as I want to see how they change the look of the car.

Shame they are not painted orange though, there would be no chance of missing them!

They are virtually invisible no matter what colour you paint them! To describe them as ‘mud flaps’ is very misleading, they are better described as ‘embellishments’.

I will put some close up pictures up for you some time tomorrow so you can see exactly how insignificant they are.

1 Like

The thing I would like to change is the large amount of tyre showing as the bumper tucks in.

I am hoping that mudguards would make the bumper look wider.

I’ve got the megachipusa.com ones fitted to mine, I like the way the rake and position of the front ones can be adjusted so they are further in or out. Not sure why you would want to body colour them, they are just going to stand out more.

2 Likes

Thanks for the pictures (do you have wheel spacers on too?).

The thought behind this is to make them look part of the bumper rather than the tyre which is what I think will happen if they are left black.

They are expensive and then theres the paint cost too so would rather see what it would look like!

So far, these are the only uk ones I have seen (apart from rubber ones on ebay )

Yes I have 15mm on the front and 20mm on the rear. I guess the black is better suited to mine as they are made to match the lines of the aero kit.

Yes, they work better on your car as it all ties together.

I plan to go to 215 wide rear tyres and will think about spacers then. Thats something I will have to take into account with the mudguards too if I am going to push the tyre out further!

Yes mine are 215 also.

Good to know thanks.

Did you have to roll the arches or wheel liner with that combo?

Is your car lowered too? (I have the eibach pro kit lowering springs and bilsteins).

No the arches haven’t been rolled at all, its lowered on MeisterR GT1s, it does catch slightly on the front on full lock (I need to raise it a touch but haven’t got around to doing it so far). The car is actually VERY modified/upgraded despite largely looking like it came out of the factory (its turbocharged as well).

1 Like

Very nice!

As requested, if you need more info just ask.

1 Like

Thanks for the pictures, as you say, they are very small. It looks like they are not going to do what I was hoping as I wanted them to go more out to cover the tyre.

Back to the drawing board!

You could buy some plastic sheet and cut the shape you need.

I did this for the front ones prior to seeing these Mazda ones advertised at a good price.

The fronts are easy to do, you just use cereal boxes to create the shape you need using the existing fasteners. Once you are happy cut the shape from the plastic and reverse for the other side.

I started to ‘plan’ the rears using the same principal but never completed the exercise. If you are reasonably confident with tools why not have a go.

I had considered making my own but would prefer something 3D rather than 2D.

I had another look on ebay and found these;

They say they fit my car and are paintable so I have ordered a set, seemed rude not to at that price!

Thanks for all the help everyone.

The advert says they fit all 4 marks so this would suggest that they are a generic item and will possibly be persuaded to fit with some adjustment. They are certainly not bespoke to the ND.
Please let us know how your ‘investment’ turn out, if it turns out to be a disappointment then at least the cost is not going to mean you have to go without food over Christmas!

1 Like

Yes, from looking at the ad details, it looks like there may be a number of models of the universal fit mudguards for groups of cars. They say the bits you may have to cut are out of sight so we shall see. One of the reviews I saw said they didn’t fit a 3.5 but can’t remember if that was these ones or other ones.

I will update this to say if they will fit or not.

1 Like

The Mazda ones are as previously stated tiny!

I got them cheap from eBay and was able to paint them myself but I wouldn’t be happy if I paid full price and paid to get them painted,

They are fitted in the photos honest!

1 Like