ND reversing camera kits now available in the for sale section

Sure have! They are listed in the parts for sale section here -

https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postst110157_MX-5-Mk4-ND-Reversing-Camera-Kits-For-Sale.aspx

Listed on eBay at £79.99 plus £4.99 P&P

Forum price is £69.99 plus £4.99 P&P

Although the camera is a 12 volt model it works perfectly happily on anything over 7 volts. I’m using a 9 volt converter. Initially I tried a 12 volt converter and this gave drew around 180mA from the MZD. Using the 9 volt converter drops this to 110mA.  I had it in mind to keep this as low as possible.

I have seen the camera you referred to and other similar models. Although these do need a smaller mounting hole you need access to the back to the fitting nut. That would probably require removing the rear bumper. The hole for the camera I’m using is around 20mm and it is a simple circular hole. Much simpler than cutting the strange shaped hole for the Mazda camera.

Might be nice to have the cameras colour coded but that makes it very hard work for me! Don’t want to be spraying up cameras in colours that nobody wants. Nothing to stop you masking off the lens and painting up the camera before fitting. There are already two number plate lights and a boot release button in the area which are black anyway so the black camera doesn’t really look out of place.

1 Like

Hi Roadie, will you be at the national Rally?
I’m interested in your camera and would like to see it in situ if possible.

Sorry, don’t think I’ll be able to make it to the rally this year. If you check out the instruction sheet which is linked to in the for sale thread there is a shot of the camera in position. Looks neater than the 2019 factory fitted one in the face of the bumper!

I have just fitted one, easy to fit and a great guide, i do think the alignment isn’t great, it sits to low and needs moving in a little with perhaps a very small shim or wedge? Has anyone else noticed this?

1 Like

Hi Matt. In common with others on the market the cameras are a generic model so don’t give as good an image as if tailgate mounted as is the more common position on saloons and hatches. Should still give an image something like the one shown in my instructions. Can you PM me a picture of the image on your screen.

Thanks

Paul

Are these still for sale Roadie? Left a deposit on a 2016 1.5 ND today (very excited!) and looking at mods/QoL improvements.

Sorry but stopped doing these around three years ago. The Ventura / ILMotorsport / MX5Parts reversing camera kit became readily available and dropped in price significantly. While my kit was around half the price of the competition my sales went well. When the differential dropped by a big chunk my sales dropped off quite considerably.

When I started selling my acrylic wind blocker kits they really took off well and continue to sell well. That’s why I dropped the cameras when sales were only a couple of kits a month.

You won’t go far wrong with the kit from MX5Parts. Might be worth hanging on until Easter and hope for one of the regular 10% off weekends.

You might find my instruction sheet handy. No major differences in fitting any similar kit.

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like