ND RF Fitting Rear Air Dam

1. My model of MX-5 is: __RF ND 2022
  2. I’m based near: __Chichester
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __Aerokit

I have just bought the genuine Mazda Aerokit front and rear lips. The rear lip makes mention of a separate part “protective film” to be fitted prior to the lip. I have watched a couple of videos on Youtube with regard to fitting and nobody seems to fit this. Looks like just a bit of clear film and cheapest on Ebay about £20.

Is this item really necessary ?

Thanks

Geoff

My guess is with the extra weight of the rear lip, more upwards pressure may be applied where the bumper meets the rear wing and the film is to protect the paint. Just my opinion. It’s certainly not for show so I’d fit it.

Thanks, from the instructions I`m struggling to see exactly where it fits. You have to remove the splash guard and pop the bumper to fit it. Not actually been under the car yet.

It’s to prevent chafing between the two parts there are other places they use this on the car when fitting other aero kits …….or rear bumper/ front bumper Replacement …

Thanks, much appreciated.

It fits at the two furthest ends of the bumper/air dam to the wing around 5mm back from the tip just sandwiching it between both parts and aroun 1-2mm from the front edge… :wink:

Thanks, much appreciated.