ND Roof REPAIR KIT

GENUINE Mazda MX5 Roof Wind Noise & Vibration Foam Repair Kit K001-W0-225.

Hi, anyone ever needed one of these? I see their are number of these kits on Ebay.
I think I know the first answer…‘you got the roof down, you don’t need it!’. Fair enough …

No, but I recently got round to doing the sound generator delete (the factory part was fouling the strut brace I had fitted to provide access to the adjustable MeisterRs). I think that has reduced cabin noise quite a bit.

1 Like

Cheers Mikey,
I just got the factory fitted struts (2017).
I see if there any other response.
Only I had the car for 3 weeks and its great to be doing some proper driving!

First time I have seen it mentioned in 7 years of owning ND’s and 20+ of MX-5 overall…

Thanks Ian,
Yes your right, thats why I put it out there after seeing several sellers on Ebay. It appears to be a genuine bit of kit, so I assume thare must a certain demand.
Cheers

Second time I have seen it mentioned, the first being only just over two weeks ago:

Interesting that too was a new owner!
I have had mine 5 years and never even knew it was a thing until the above so I am going to go with: no, not necessary

Same one… :slight_smile: not answered there though.

I’m pretty sure that it’ll just be a pack of various thicknesses and densities of sticky backed foam that can be cut or your desired size. Not MX-5 specific at all.

Ho Ian,

Well spotted.
Since you are on the ball please can you maybe answer this query…
When using Spotify on my Android phone, when connected to the usb port, the volume even at full % is still not as loud say when listening to the radio.

Cheers

Is that using through Android Auto or Spotify as an ‘aux’ source?

I find it fine when using Android Auto though there is plenty of commentary on the internet with people saying the same as you. I think you’d need to look at the specific options and experiment until you find a good solution.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mzd+connect+spotify+volume&rlz=1C1GCEA_enGB874GB874&oq=mzd+connect+spotify+volume&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIHCAEQIRigATIHCAIQIRigAdIBCTg3NzRqMGoxNagCCLACAQ&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

These were produced after a Technical Note issued by Mazda. Affected ND’s prior to production in middle 2017 (from memory).

Thank you for the replies.

I willl look at the phone setttings first, see what I can twigged there.

I see good ole Amazon offer Mazda Carplay and Android Auto Retrofit Kit…gor £89.