ND Sat Nav Screen

Hi everyone,

I’m considering trading my slowly rusting MK2.5 and splashing out on the new Mk4 ND. I like the idea of having a built in sat nav and DAB but looking at the pictures, it looks quite intrusive with it just sticking up there in the centre of the dash. I’ve not been to see one up close yet, but does anyone know if the screen folds or tucks away into the dash at all? I’ve not been able to find any information online.

Many thanks in advance.

The screen is fixed. However to me it’s perfect in all respects. Big enough to see, not to big to be intrusive. Doesn’t obscure anything particularly the windscreen. You don’t have to take your eyes too far off the road ahead to read it. Once you get used to the commander control on the console it’s pretty easy to use too. Don’t get hung up about it. Once you sit in the car you will know if it’s right for you. Having previously owned 2 x NAs and an NC it suits me down to the ground. And it feels like an MX-5 should.

Hi Stocko.  I agree with everything that Roadie has said, except that my ND is the first “5” I’ve ever had!

Doesn’t get in the way at all, might if you were 3’ 6" tall… 

Ditto to the above, no problem at all and I sit low being some what vertically challenged.

I agree with all above comments.

I agree with all of the above. Once you are in the car it is in just the right position and easy to read all of the information. Can be a bit annoying sometimes you can’t use the touch screen when moving.

Its a lot better with CarPlay fitted, especially when tweaked to allow touch when moving.