ND - Seat Pockets

Fitted the seat pockets today

The big ones are 12" x 8" or 30cm x 20cm - both approx.

The small cubby one is 8" x 3" or 20cm x 8cm.  The cubby one was fitted over a year ago but due to the high temp the car interior gets, the glue unstuck and then restuck itself, so the net arms are a little crooked.

eBay is the source of the items.

The elastic net needs straightening on one of them in the photos but it is OK now!

2 Likes

What happens when (if) you run out of mod options @Jeff_jthspace, time to change the car? :sunglasses:

:thinking: . . . . . . I always feel I have done the last mod EVER on the car and then a few weeks (days) later another idea pops into my head. I really should start retaking those little pink tablets.

I made a battery cover to help blend-in the matt plastic look and now I need to paint the washer bottle matt black to match everything else, will try plasti-kote. Then there is that black engine clip-on that really needs to be fire engine red, and paint the heatshield on the other side to match.

Can’t find a pic of the battery cover in matt black on my car, but here is one I made for a friend who has the 30AE

Wonder what I will do to the MkV when it arrives?

:laughing:

2 Likes

How much does your car weigh now? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Like the extra pockets behind the but they would be no good in my car as both seats are rammed right back!

Same with mine, but when (and if . . . ) we next go to France the pockets will hold the yellow jackets that have to be within easy reach as well as the necessary documents (registration, green card, insurance etc). Saves it floating about in the cabin and getting in the way.

1 Like

Good point about the Hi-Viz jackets. We have them in the Campervan but have booked a trip abroad in the MX5 which will hopefully go ahead later this year.

Look good and great idea Jeff, we are due to go to France in September and I gather from reading that the hi viz jackets only need to be “accessible” in the car cockpit so these work well, could you post the eBay reference number please?
Cheers
Mark

The hi-viz have to be “accessible” but that means IN the cabin, not the boot. Legally, you have to put the jacket on BEFORE you get out of the car, very difficult in an MX5!

Something like this should be what you are looking for. I used a few of the black self-tappers for plastic (fatter body than a normal self-tapper).

20x30 Car Pockets

Sould do the trick. If you search, make sure you select “UK Only” or you might go and be back from your trip before they arrive!

1 Like

Much appreciated