ND2 trim confusion

Presently looking for a blue or red 2.0 ND2 but there are some changes from the ND1 I find confusing so I’m hoping someone knowledgeable here can clarify to help guide me in my purchase.

1. ND2 started as SE-L Nav+ and Sport Nav+, but after a short time those trim levels were replaced with GT Sport Nav and GT Sport Tech, as far as I can tell? What’s the key differences between all the ND2 2.0 trims, all I’ve really noticed is the GT models seem to get a somewhat ugly reversing camera? (I know the ND1 SE, SE-L and Sport Nav trims well so you can draw comparisons with those and I’ll understand)
  • Ideally I’d like light colour leather so I think that means I have to get a top spec GT Sport Tech?
  • Was Android Auto standard fit on any of these, and when did wireless Android Auto come in?
  • The OEM sports back box, was this standard on any trim? How’s it compare to normal?
  • The Bilstein dampers on the old Sport trim were said to make the ride “wrong” as Mazda didn’t change the springs too. Has this now been rectified and what trims get sports dampers and/or springs?
  1. There’s quite a few blues on the ND. I can’t seem to tell which is which, which would be on the 2.0 cars and which years each one was available. My understanding is thus:
  • Blue Reflex Mica 42B, is what came on ND Arctic editions. This I think was the original blue offered on UK NDs?
  • Eternal Blue 45B, seems a bit punchier and less grey then the above? Maybe it replaced the above at some point?
  • Deep Crystal Blue Mica came about sometime in 2021, rather dark, almost navy? A very recent addition, started 2021?
  1. New reg is out, expecting quite a few part-ex trade-ins to appear on the market. How long will it be before I start seeing these en-masse? My current car is due service and MOT end of September so if they’re going to take a while to materialise I’ll need to put more money in to it and then I may as well keep it until March.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.