NEC Classic Car Show: 13th - 15th Nov 2009

Good afternoon.

Now I don’t want to start a slanging match or cause any bad feeling, but I was just wondering whether it had been decided what cars were going to represent the club this year ? If they haven’t has it been decided how the cars will get picked ?

I’d obviously be willing to get ‘Max’ there this year and myself to help represent the club and was wondering is there something I need to do to possibly make this happen ??

I’ll take that as a ‘you haven’t decided’ yeah ??

Ady I will talk to Dave Kiely for you. It very much depends on the theme which I know will be something to do with 15 20 09. He wanted an original condition (no mods) last time we spoke at the last show…so won’t be mine either. I will keep you posted on anything I hear. Lets talk on Facebook xx

A reply !! [:D] … thanks Ellie.

Yeah that would make sense, and of course if it is 15/20 then I very much doubt mine will fit the bill, would just be nice to know.

… and for future reference be good to know if it’s been decided how cars will get picked ?
Like I said before I don’t want this to become a ‘witch hunt’ or having a ‘go’ at anyone i’d
just like the chance to represent the club at this very prestigious show again, if not this year maybe sometime in the future.

this was raised by me with Dave K (on behalf of several members who have raised it with me)  at the last Com. meeting we had a few weeks back, it’s themed for 15 20 this year with specific requirements but to be more open next year…  Can’t recall the final outcome of the discussion but it will be in Katie’s minutes when she publishes them,  [;)] 

Personally its a Classic Car show, that excludes new cars in my opinion, and we should put the very best of the Club members cars on the stand, possibly selected from Club rally competition winners.  So you put in all the hard work to do well in Club competitions then you get a chance to represent the Club at this very prestigious show.  I know that then excudes all lot of us who don’t have extra shiney cars but thats my feelings on the subject…

Has the car(s) been chosen, I have recently joined the club after purchasing a 96 Classic Red Mk1 with 12K genuine miles in standard and mint condition. Could be available if required for the show.

Hi Ian,  All sorted so far as I’m aware, although which cars they are, I don’t know.  But thanks for the offer… Big Smile

I’m attending, working on another stand, but hope to bunk off and say hello to you guys at some point

Ali

Don’t forget to check out the Meguiars stand as the winner of the Best Kept Mk2 at the National Rally is on display there.

A GLEAMING 1999 Red Limited Edition Sport…courtesy of Rising Sun…not to be missed. There are 12 other classics on the stand including a £3,000,000 Ferrari.

Go and say hi to Ian (Rising Sun), I’m sure he’d appreciate the support etc.

Went ot this on Saturday, Ian’s 5 looked really good on the Meguiares stand.

Lots to see, unfortunately couldn’t get a decent pic of the Veyron.  But here’s a few

And finally the club stand

What are you saying, like? Big Smile

Very clever use of parallax and depth of field.

Cheers Dave…Salute

It certainly was beautiful! My pictures don’t show its shine off as well, but i have some of the other vehicles that were there too in my photobucket if you want a look. Sorry the OC ones didnt come out well at all!

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Other brand photos on my bucket: http://s678.photobucket.com/albums/vv147/mumra80/Baskerville%20hall/classic%20cars%20nec%20nov%2009/

Ali

x