New Boots!

1. My model of MX-5 is: NC
  2. I’m based near: Leicester
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __

I can recommend Brasher, nice and comfortable great for hiking had mine years.:+1:

2 Likes

I strongly recommend contacting Nick Dougill at MOTMotorsport in Northampton for advice and a quote. He posts here as NickD and knows far more about tyres on MX5s for road or race than the rest of us.

If you’d like to know more about why people make the tyre choices they do, then first take a look at his useful background tutorial on tyres.

I’m just another one of his many happy customers.

2 Likes

It’s not far down the M1 to me from Leicester :grinning:

Sadly the deal is 225 R18, my tyres 205 R17

I’d already checked Costco.Best I can find is Black Circle.
But a stonking deal…

Checked out Nicks site cant see any road tyres listed.

I’ve already ordered Michelin PS 4’s.

https://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2020-Auto-Bild-Summer-Tyre-Test.htm

https://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyres_For/Mazda/MX5.htm

There is a phone number though!

Had the new tyres fitted. Now I know what the fuss is all about with regards to MX5 handling and steering.

I’ve had four new Pilot Sport 4 tyres fitted and only did a around fifty or so miles. But it’s like a different car, a significant change in steering accuracy and feel and the way the whole car feels. It’s much smoother and quieter.
The steering is pin sharp, you can really feel the front end when steering and braking, the grip feels very secure and smooth cornering where the car really holds a line.
Whereas before it was nervous and moved about, particularly the rear, it didn’t instill confidence, the front never seemed planted some how. I’m expecting much better wet grip, the old tyres would allow the rear to slide very easily on damp roads.

I’m sure there must be many other low mileage cars with original tyres with plenty of tread left on them. Mine were six years old. Be worth considering changing them.

3 Likes