New Brembos Squeaking

I’ve installed brand new front disks + pads, Brembos OEM spec and after 500mi only one side is squeaking when it gets warm. And it’s a loud split second squeak while the brakes are applied.

Today I took the wheel off, cleaned the pads, the disk, greassed the pads and the clips. And I honestly thought that should be it. 10miles later the same side started again.

I posted this on Facebook NC group and someone said “this is what Brembos do” and he had to change pads to another brand.

Is this true? Can’t be right.

2006 MX5 72000 mi

There’s a chance you could have a bit of glazing going on. Try doing two or three serious stops (from 50 mph+), this might clear the glazing.

2 Likes

Hi, can’t agree with the ‘This what Brembo’s do’ comment as I fitted Brembo front discs and pads to my Mk3.5 NC no problems. They like yours were OEM replacement spec not a sport or track type. Excellent brakes negligible dust, I’m very 7 pleased so I hope you get same result soon.

2 Likes

I’ve never had Brembos on an MX5 but have had them on other cars and never noticed this. I’d say something not right so stick with the investigations👍 Must be really annoying😬

I have the Brembos on my 3.5 and found that the only squealing I had was a broken in half wear indicator. This did go away after a few hundred miles but only for about a year and then came back which prompted me to investigate further and the wear indicator was in two parts with the loose part touching the disc.

1 Like

Did you clean up n proper brake grease top and bottom front and rear caliper slider pins?
I’m asking this because that was my remedy to brembo pads, but really, would have happened to any make.

Hmm, I’ve just put Brembos on the front wheels my Mazda3, and it sailed through the MOT last week after 270 miles of bedding in.

They were to cure the brake-fade the Mazda branded Ferodos were beginning to show. The fading was highlighted on the motorway a month ago, just a little bit scary at the time bringing back memories of a certain Megane. The Ferodos look fine and have 6mm left after only 17K, but…

The Brembos on the back on my NC have been superb for the last three years. I could feel the difference from the old pads immediately.