New driving licence time advice please

I will be 73 in late May and will need to renew my licence, after renewing at 70.

1. presume can do all online
  2. is this free
  3. will I need a new photo
  4. do I have to send my current photo licence to DVLA
  5. when can I apply

many thanks

You’ll find all the info you need here:

2 Likes

Cant answer all your questions from memory but did mine just before Christmas and it was extremely easy on line.

1 Like

Hi .just renewd mine. ! YES. 2 YES . 3 NO . 4NO 5 NOW . hope this helps

2 Likes

many thanks…just the job!

My mum had to do hers recently, the DVLA send a form a month(?) ahead, you can either use that or just the code to do online.
Even if you do it online you still have to send back the license analogly (is that a word), and possibly other documents depending what it says in the response email after submitting online.
To be fair, the DVLA phone help was effective, and could track progress better than the online version.

1 Like

Make sure you have everything you need before starting to do it online as it times out if you take too long. Have old licence, passport and Nat Ins’ number available before you start. Mine timed out right at the end but then wasn’t sure if it was complete or not. I started again but it then said I couldn’t do it that way. Ended up phoning them and they said it had gone through ok. Licence arrived today. Took about about a week to come.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.