New Insurance - Peter James

So Just had a look at an online quote without her which wasn’t the cheapest but gives an idea removed £483 was £760 so £277 difference or 36%. My actual current insurer is cheaper than that on renewal. Think i need to move.

Is Peter James part of the MX5 Club then? I saw the linked advertising banner of the MX5 Club Insurance and was curious if it would be cheaper than what I currently have with Churchill.

Thanks.

Not part of the Club, the Club has negotiated an exclusive deal for Club Members who may benefit from better rates.

Another thumbs up for Peter James here. I have the BBR 200 mods (inc back box) and they’ve covered my NC for £280. I was with A Plan the previous year and their renewal letter contained what I can only describe as a joke price (obviously didn’t want my business this year)!

That’s an impossible calculation because you don’t know how much the premium goes down just by having another person on the insurance.

We don’t know that, but if her off the multicar policy puts down the premium then what else could it mean? It sounds like the multicar/additional driver discount might not be cancelling out past claims price hike.

1 Like

I found that actually talking to a person on the phone was more productive, as opposed to an “on-line” quote”……

Do you have to be part of the MX5 club to get a quote?

Or just to buy the insurance?

Just to buy. They won’t let you take it out without a valid membership number. They will happily give you a quote though.

1 Like

Thanks!

Right might be worth a call.

Are they good with BBR modifications? A bit early for me going down the route of BBR modifications since I just got the car but worth knowing. Can’t see many other traditional insurance companies being happy with performance and body modifications.

I have no experience with that personally. I believe others on the forum have discussed it, but I can’t recall the threads nor if it was with Peter James or the pervious affiliates.

Admiral are ok with mods, power or otherwise like suspension lowering etc. How far they let you go is another thing, mine are only mild modifications

I think we are talking BBR mods like engine power, suspension, exhaust, tyres. I suppose the engine would be the most significant change.