New Jack…?

I need a new Jack that will work with both an MX-5 and that is suitable for a heavier (1500Kg) and quite a bit higher car (Toyota C-HR).

Any thoughts, current recommendations, deals?

TIA

1 Like

Fill your boots here Trolley Jacks | Car Jacks | SGS Engineering UK (sgs-engineering.com)

I have some of their other equipment which has been very good quality in relation to cost.
:heart:

2 Likes

Bought this one below, typical it’s now down in price​:+1::-1: since the beginning of the month.
Obviously 10% off too with your card.

Its solidly made, heavy too. I checked the measurements and it will definitely slide under my lowered NC no problems. Downside, no carry case like my other jack.
Can’t comment on use as it just came out of the box to check over for now.

2 Likes

I think the ‘club’ discount is now 8%, can anyone confirm that this is happening at the tills? There is a 10% discount code ‘PAYDAY10’ at the moment so if you do order don’t lose out on the 2% difference------you know what us Yorkshire folk are like when it comes to brass!!!
:heart:

3 Likes

Good point, if it’s now 8%

Being a lover of saving money I cheekily thought earlier this month get the OC discount and this other discount too.
Doesn’t work, OC one can only work in-store the other online (click and collect) or deliver.:unamused::-1:

I also have this jack and it fits under my lowered ND no problem… Thumbs up from me too

Not sure what budget you want to spend.

If you are using it on different cars - the speed lift function is great for raising the jack quickly to the car before using the handle to do the heavy work.

This one has quick lift and a 50cm max lift

3 Likes

I use two 3 ton 12 volt jacks i am not really into scissor jacks but 66 now and find these work well i also have a couple of very low profile trolly jacks but found the 12volt battery jack’s really useful when swapping out my suspension units last year…

I had these a round 15 years still going strong got them from eBay

2 Likes

What brand is that electric jack?

Is it just a round 'puck shape’at the contact point, or does it have the slot shape that fits sill jacking areas ?

To the OP…as mentioned above, get a grip of a rubber slotted puck “pad” for the jack top. Saves breaking the ultra micron thick Mazda MX-5 paintwork when you jack it up (and it will scuff/break surface)
It’s one less point on them to rust ahead of its time… :+1:

I use a strip of wood just behind the lip deep enough for the jack not to touch the sill. It also spreads the load.

It comes with both as you can inter change the contact heads for the job you might be doing also comes with two wheel wedgesjust incase the the handbrake lets loose… nice long opperating cables…I also used a battery power bank rather than use the cars battery …

Keep an eye out on Marketplace, I picked this up last week for £70, (£167 retail). The plan was to use ramps at the front and axle stands at the rear but once on the ramps, there’s not enough clearance on the rear to get the jack under!

I’ve just bought one of these in 2 ton flavour for £47 off Ebay

Don’t forget your scissor jack. I have a low profile trolley jack now but before that, I’d use the scissor jack to get the car high enough for the trolley jack to get under the re-enforced part of the chassis rail then, after lifting, you have the sill free for the axle stand.

2 Likes