New Key Needed - MK3

Looking for some advice please.

I have one key for my car and want a second. I expect I will need to go to Mazda for it? Is it easy to do if you have one fully working key? Any idea of cost? If not too bad, I will probably buy two and have done with it as the one i have is a little shabby anyway.

I did have a second but trying to put into a new casing I demolished it I am afraid and broke the transponder as I couldn’t get it out of the casing.

My local locksmith was able to provide one for me fully programmed for £80 quite a lot cheaper than buying from Mazda

Did they copy the transponder then or something?

Think the key came with a transponder that the locksmith then programmed on the car. I didn’t have a second key at all

If you have an NC1 this is a proven way to register new keys. It may work for NC2/3 but I’m not sure it’s been tested for them: NC pairing new keys with only 1 key

Good luck,

Neil

Local locksmith “copied” my one key and gave me a new one for £100 (2008 NC1). Didn’t need to programme it on the car, simply cloned it. Google for someone local.

@J6NGA
Hi John,
Not sure where you live but here in the south I and another solent member have used this company, great service and great price for complete keys…
https://www.carkeysouthampton.co.uk/

My experience was the same as Spelio’s, (mk2.5) the guy said it should be £70 but honoured the £60 telephone quote, if you are near Southend on sea Essex he’s based in Hadleigh near Benfleet and I think he’s called Hadliegh Locks

Around here, all the Tescos and Sainsburys have a Timpsons attached. There’s a good chance they can do it.

Cheers everyone, i will go to my local locksmith for local people. Hopefully they can sort me out :slight_smile:

Looks like a lock locksmith can do me a key.

£70-£90 for non remote locking and between £150 and £190 for remoting locking which is the option I would go for and get the car how I want it :slight_smile:

Seems more expensive than quoted above so now I will look around and see if I can find a cheaper place.

Locksmith Fulham has charged £70 for the new key and it’s a decent cost as far as i am concerned.